- 1 Introduction
- 2 How to Install ZenTao
- 2.1 Choose the best installation
- 2.2 ZenTao Cloud
- 2.3 One-click Installation for Windows (Recommended)
- 2.4 One-click Installation Package for Linux
- 2.5 Source Code Installation (for all Systems)
- 2.6 Set up Virtualbox for ZenTao
- 2.7 Softaculous service
- 3 Upgrade ZenTao
- 3.1 Upgrade ZenTao
- 3.2 Upgrade by source codes ( for all systems)
- 3.3 Upgrade for one-click installation for Windows (xampp)
- 3.4 Upgrade for one-click installation package for Linux
- 4 Users and Groups
- 5 Simple Application
- 5.1 Project and Task Management
- 5.2 Bug Management
- 5.3 Product Management
- 5.4 Individual Task Management
- 6 Basic Application
- 6.1 Basic Workflow
- 6.2 Agile and Scrum
- 6.3 ZenTao and Scrum
- 6.4 ZenTao Tutorial for Rookies
- 6.5 Create a Product
- 6.6 Create a Story
- 6.7 Create a Project
- 6.8 Confirm Stories
- 6.9 Decompose Tasks
- 6.10 Report a Bug
- 6.11 Manage Contacts
- 6.12 Customization
- 7 Advanced Application
- 7.1 Workflow
- 7.1.1 ZenTao Workflow
- 7.2 Personal management
- 7.3 Product Owner
- 7.3.1 Manage a Product
- 7.3.2 Create and Review a Story
- 7.3.3 Change and Review a Story
- 7.3.4 Story Status
- 7.3.5 Notes for Writing a Story
- 7.3.6 Product Module
- 7.3.7 Release Plan
- 7.3.8 Create a Release
- 7.3.9 Roadmap
- 7.3.10 Manage Documents
- 7.3.11 Product Meetings
- 7.3.12 Project Management, Presentation and Summary
- 7.3.13 Story Reports
- 7.4 Project Manager
- 7.4.1 Create a Project
- 7.4.2 Set up a Team
- 7.4.3 Confirm Stories to be done
- 7.4.4 Decompose Tasks for Stories
- 7.4.5 Daily Standup Meetings
- 7.4.6 Check Project Progress via Burndown Chart
- 7.4.7 Check Project Progress via Lists
- 7.4.8 Presentation and Summary Meetings
- 7.4.9 Basic reports of Tasks
- 7.5 Development Team
- 7.5.1 Project planning meeting and decompose tasks
- 7.5.2 Claim and update Tasks
- 7.5.3 Create a Build
- 7.5.4 Test Task
- 7.5.5 Resolve a Bug
- 7.5.6 Manage Documents
- 7.5.7 Confirm Bugs
- 7.6 QA Team
- 8 Configuration
- 8.1 Maintain ZenTao
- 8.1.1 Initialize scripts
- 8.1.2 Back up ZenTao
- 8.1.3 Recover the deleted
- 8.1.4 Update Burndown charts
- 8.2 Deploy ZenTao
- 8.2.1 Guest Login
- 8.2.2 Configure Email Notification
- 8.2.3 Set Super Admin
- 8.2.4 Configure Static Access
- 8.2.5 Delete "zentao" from your address
- 8.2.6 Integrate ZenTao with SVN
- 8.2.7 Integrate ZenTao with Git
- 8.3 Import other systems
- 8.3.1 Import data from bugfree
- 9 Custom Development
- 9.1 ZenTao Mechanism of Developing
- 9.2 ZenTao Directory
- 9.3 Modify files
- 9.4 ZenTao Database
- 9.5 Common Modules
- 9.6 Add features to navigation bar
- 9.7 Examples: Modify Language Prompt
- 9.8 Examples: set priority when creating bugs
- 9.9 Web Editor
- 9.10 Packaging Standards of ZenTao 1.1
- 10 Other Relevant Issues
In the previous two chapters, the simple application of ZenTao has been introduced for DEV team and QA team. Product team can do basic tasks and track management with ZenTao and QA team can do bug tracking. If you are a product manager, you may ask whether you can use ZenTao as a story management tool. The answer is YES.
In ZenTao, story management is provided, including creating stories, changing stories and evaluating stories. Now let’s see how to do story management.
1. Create Products
To create Stories, products must be created first. This is the same as in bug management mentioned in the previous chapter. Go to Product and click Add Product.
2. Create Stories
Once a product is created, you can add stories. Go to Product->Story and click Create.
Then add details of the Story.
- When creating stories, you can choose the source of stories, which means who submit the Story, such as from customers.
- Three key elements of stories are title, description and acceptance. These three field are required.
- You can specify fields like the priority of stories and estimated man hours.
- You can also choose who will review the story. If a reviewer is set, the status of the Story will be draft. If check the box “No Review”, it will be Active.
3. Change Requirements
ZenTao provides professional process for changing stories. Modifications to Title, Description, Acceptance and attachments of Stories must be done according to the workflow of story change. Then the status of the story will be changing/in change.
Choose the story you want to Change and you will the page below.
4. Review Stories
4.1 Click the "+" in History to view the details before and after the change.
4.2 Review stories and select review decisions. Click the Review on the page of the Story you want to review.
On review page, you can make review decisions which can be Pass, Clarify, and Reject.